Marketing Director: Bill Judkins | General Manager: Jay Wilmot
In-depth, state-of the art market research software is utilized to generate a customer profile, shopper profile and buying habits in tandem allows the Greece Ridge Marketing Director to create a yearly strategic marketing plan effectively targeting the greater Rochester market.
Marketing’s focus has been and will continue to be, a complementary mix of both traditional and new media advertising, utilizing both Greece Ridge branded campaign and grassroots initiatives.
The Mall at Greece Ridge produces professional high-quality campaigns geared at driving mall traffic. The Marketing Director works with top advertising agencies to produce commercials for digital, television, and radio. A media buying agency is utilized to maximize the impact of advertising dollars while measuring the effectiveness. Year-round print advertising, coordinated by the Greece Ridge Marketing Director, enhances the campaign, and increases reach in both the primary and secondary markets. Outdoor advertising boosts frequency and reach during campaigns. Traditional advertising, used in conjunction with new media and other various opportunities keeps Greece Ridge in the forefront of shoppers’ minds.
Greece Ridge utilizes the latest new media marketing technology year-round to complement traditional efforts. All new media initiatives are managed by the Marketing Director, allowing for consistent branding and cohesive messaging. Programs include:
- Responsive websites: 23,000+ unique visits per month
- EBlast: weekly email blasts promoting sales, events, and mall news reach 3,800 shoppers per week.
- Facebook: 16,000+ fans, weekly posts promote mall-wide events and/or news.
- Twitter: 800+ followers, used primarily as a news and announcement platform
- Instagram: 830+ followers, weekly posts to promote mall-wide events and/or news; also post to feature store launches and activations. Utilize both the grid and story features.
- Paid Social: Targeted audiences are reached through paid social advertising, both Facebook and Instagram, when significant content is published.
- Digital/OTT: Seasonal campaigns include static and video advertising in all markets. While digital is created in-house, display is facilitated by our media buying agency.
Regular advertising opportunities are available to Greece Ridge tenants. These opportunities include feature in our eblast, promotion/offers listed on our website and our in-mall digital directories, a highlighting a post on social media, display of 22×28 signs (tenant is responsible for producing signage), participation in community based in-mall events, and window displays. Retailers also receive discounted pricing on unique in-mall advertising, coordinated and billed by Walk-Up Advertising.
Long-term relationships with various media outlets allow the Greece Ridge Marketing Director to achieve effective publicity results surrounding new store announcements, store openings, and other special mall events.
Mall tenants are encouraged to participate in mall-organized community events. Events are held in the mall each month, with the purpose of increasing traffic, store awareness, and driving sales. Greece Ridge also participates in various off-site events in the community to spread goodwill, increase awareness, search for tenant opportunities, and provide representation locally on behalf of the mall/tenants.